Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Backyard Gardens

I think eventually, backyard gardens will be the new "yards".  With people's attention (hopefully) focusing more concern on eating locally grown, pesticide free fruit and vegetables, I believe we will be seeing more and more backyard gardens.  I wonder what our relatively non imposing neighbors would say if we overturned our front grassy yard with the full sun into a farming working garden.  That would mean however, that I (and my husband for that matter) would need to actually LEARN how to farm.  I'm not like this teenager in Michigan I read about today that grew up in 4H and learning about farming as a child.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/18/magazine/18food-t.html 

But I am very inspired and wowed by what she has created.  I love her entrepreneurial spirit too.  Maybe soon, I'll be posting about the lettuce I'm growing.  We are loving the super awesome tomatoes that my husband is growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment